ANIMALS KILLED FOR SPORT/FASHION:
Content Coming Soon…
What You Can Do
Support legislation banning canned hunts on a federal, state, and local levels. Tell your federal senators and representatives to support legislation prohibiting canned hunting. If your county or state has no law against canned hunting, push for such a bill.
- Ask your local zoo about its policy on surplus animals and their disposition. Ask zoo officials to make a commitment to provide any animal born in their facility with responsible, lifelong care.
- Do not support the trade of wild animals in any form—as pets, products, or entertainment.
- Oppose the establishment of hunts or game ranches in your community. Apply local anti-cruelty laws to existing hunt situations.
- Speak out about canned hunts. Write letters to your local newspaper about canned hunts or canned hunt legislation affecting your community.
- Do not buy any fur coats or fur-trimmed garments. Encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- Complain to store managers where fur is sold — boycott those stores until they change their fur policy.
- Speak up when a fur is worn in public. Politely, but firmly, ask the wearer if they are aware of the unseen cruelty of fur.